Brookfield Museum and Historical Society
   An Extended Learning and Research Center
165 Whisconier Rd, PO Box 5231, Brookfield, CT 06804
Tel (203) 740-8140


Center School - 1808

 

Center School

This school district was added in 1762.  This one-room school building is the only one that was not sold and turned into a private home.  It is located at the corner of Silvermine Road and Whisconier Road.  It is rented to the Housatonic Council of Elected Officials.  The Consolidated School took the name Center School, when a second elementary school was built in Brookfield.

Long Meadow Hill School - 1808

 

Longmeadow Hill School

In 1789, three new school districts were added.  They were Bound Swamp, Whisconier and Longmeadow Hill School.  Located behind the rock at the corner of Longmeadow Hill and Riverford Road is this school building.  It is now a private home and has just recently had an addition built.

 

Return To Timeline